Luv at First Find

Wellness Wednesday: 21 DAY Wellness Challenge- Week 2

LifestyleSara RicksComment

Congratulations...

on completing week one of our 21-day challenge toward #LAFFwellness!  

How did everyone do last week?  Feeling happy, stress-free and inspired, we hope!  

Join us for the second part of our challenge where we switch gears over to one of our favorite topics:

NUTRITION! 

Like we mentioned last week, your overall health is greatly determined by the food you put in your mouth.  We like to follow the 80:20 rule when it comes to diet.  Although, we hesitate to even use the word “diet” because it is more of an approach to an overall healthy lifestyle.  

Bottom-line: Eat whole, healthy foods 80 percent of the time, and feel free to indulge (but don’t get crazy) the other 20 percent.  

A great guide to feeling confident that you are truly eating healthy is to "eat the rainbow." 

Think colorful produce to fill the majority of your plate, getting a variety of foods rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.  Also, apply the 80:20 guide when preparing your plate for each meal.  Fill 80 percent of your plate with your favorite veggies and use the remaining 20 percent for your unprocessed, whole grains, beans and legumes, or lean, organic protein.  

Give this a try, and we are confident that when you eat a well-balanced diet, full of delicious, nutrient-dense meals, you will be less likely to crave and fall victim to the refined sugar filled, processed junk that masquerades as “food” in the center aisles of our grocery stores and in fast-food restaurants.  

Join us in our daily challenges below for the next week for simple tips towards eating your way to a healthier you.   

Can't wait to check in to see your results next week! 

Until next time! 

xx, 

Sara & Lindsey

http://www.luvatfirstfind.com/blog-1/wellness-wednesday-week-2