Well, after a short hiatus... we are back with another installment of Wellness Wednesdays! And it could not be a better time. With Spring Break upon us and summer just around the corner, we're talking all things health and cleansing to get you feeling fresh and sleek come bikini season.
One of my dear friends, Lindsey Tucker, is a certified health coach and will be writing in for this installment of Wellness Wednesdays!
Hi! I’m Lindsey. I’m a certified health coach that so passionately hopes to teach and support you to be the best version of yourself, starting with the food you put in your mouth. To most woman, myself included, the first sign of warmer weather is an extra kick in the butt to get it together for the upcoming season of cool sundresses and bathing suits. Cleansing (aka detoxing) can often be a good place to start.
Before adopting a cleaner diet a few years ago, after a full weekend of “enjoying myself,” my inevitable Sunday night dialog was “ugh, I need to detox.” Not exaggerating, I really don’t think I missed a Sunday. I desperately believed that if I could get through a few days of juicing or shakes and supplements only, it would jump start me into weight loss mode and magically make me feel better in and about my body. Just wasn't ever the case, because there is more to a successful cleanse.
Do I need to cleanse?
- Do you experience strong cravings?
- Are you tired and fatigued often?
- Have you experienced inexplicable weight gain?
- Are you bloated?
- Do you deal with skin issues?
- Are you walking around in a mental fog?
- Are you moody (more than normal)?
- Do you experience anxiety and/or depression?
- Do you have any food allergies?
Let’s be honest, I consider my daily food choices to be more times than not, on the clean side. I know that a set time to cleanse my body is super beneficial, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I just now have healthier expectations of results, and focus on the good I am doing for myself for the long term.
So what are the real benefits and results?
- Boost to your immune system
- Cleanse your blood
- Give your body a much needed break from unwanted, outside toxins
- Digestive system reset (this one is huge!)
- Increased energy
- Mental clarity
- Jump start to weight loss
For now, decide if a cleanse would be a good thing for you and commit. If you’re ready, yay you!
My homework for you is to prepare your body for cleansing.
Sounds strange, but this prep phase is just as important as the actual cleanse.
1. Eliminate processed food, sugar, excessive chemicals, alcohol and caffeine.
2. If possible, experiment with consuming less red meat, dairy and gluten to allow your body to process other foods, like the nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables it craves.
And YES! If you make this commitment, I promise...You...and your body will thank you me later!
So now that we're super committed and ready to start this cleanse off right... what are the next steps?
Check back next week! We'll be chatting about the different ways to cleanse!
Until next time!
Sara (& Lindsey)