For this installment of Wellness Wednesdays
All things Turmeric
Turmeric is the one the healthiest foods on the planet! And it should be included in your daily food intake. The benefits are like a star shining bright in the sky at night in our bodies. Through many conversations with friends, it was apparent that people are still unaware about the many benefits turmeric has to offer.
Top 5 benefits of Tumeric
1. Prevents breast and prostate cancer
2. Naturally detoxifies the liver
3. Prevents and slows the progression of Alzheimer's disease
4. Natural anti-inflammatory and natural painkiller
5. Natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent aka prevent the growth of bad bacteria in your body and helps boost your immune system!
I have been asked “Is it natural?” and “How should I take it?” Yes, turmeric is natural. You can use turmeric in many different ways by adding it in soups, salad dressings, smoothies or if you are an “on the go” person, pick up a quick shot from your local juice bar!
Here is one my faves to incorporate to your daily routine!
Turmeric-Ginger Tea (served hot or cold)
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 tsp organic ground turmeric (fresh or powdered – your preference)
• 1/4 tsp organic ground ginger (fresh or powdered – your preference)
• 1 1/2 tsp (I use raw unfiltered honey)
* I make it hot first - to combine the ingredients: bring water to a boil. Add turmeric & ginger (whisk together in a bowl first), then add to boiled water (reduce heat), and simmer 10 minutes. Add sweetener (if preferred, to taste) after simmering).
JUST FOR FUN! I added ginger for an extra spice kick + a bonus J Ginger prevents colon cancer, migraine relief, diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage) prevention, digestion, nausea, reduces pain & inflammation, heartburn and menstrual cramp relief.
I drink this packed nutrient “body happiness” daily! I make a huge batch. The benefits are AMAZING!
Until next time!
Sara (& Kimberly)